Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Capture Series featuring Lexi Mitz (eye-lek-see)



The JewDo is thrilled to present the photo talents of Lexi Mitz, a budding Toronto-born photographer and executive at Spin Master Ltd.!  Lexi provided us with some great insights into what inspires her, as well as some background on this gallery of photos specific to a personal trip to Jerusalem.  Here is a synopsis of her work from Lexi's keyboard to our blog:

 

"As a photo artist, I take my photograph as the starting point to create the final product. I print and display using different mediums that bring out the feeling within the shot; creating an end result that’s both eye-catching and visually stimulating. I do not use photoshop...everything you see in my gallery represents the subject as I saw it in the moment with only minor enhancements.

Throughout the Jerusalem Perspectives series, you’ll notice my perception is as broad and far stretching as the city of Jerusalem itself. The passion and stereotype throughout the city is glaringly evident; but also as apparent is the enjoyment and happiness had by its citizens." 
 


"To say I have an enormous passion for travel is an understatement. My inspiration for taking pictures comes from observing all forms of life in countries around the world. To me, the joy in taking pictures is related to the ability to freeze time and still a moment that others aren't there to see."

 "There are multiple ways that each photo I take can be construed. Each individual photo is named using only a single word. There is an underlying meaning and back story to almost every photograph I take, and the single word title represents my feeling at the time of capturing the moment. Some are abstract and some are concrete, but all are honest and real."










"Philanthropy is also an extremely important element of my everyday life. ilexi donates numerous pieces to various charitable silent auctions and donated 100% of all sales during the Jerusalem Perspectives exhibit to The Jerusalem Foundation. The exhibit was held for 5 days in October 2010 at the Pikto Gallery in Toronto with all proceeds going directly toward Jerusalem’s youth realize their potential through educational, recreation and career development programs."











    


"Throughout the Jerusalem Perspectives series, you’ll notice my perception is as broad and far stretching as the city of Jerusalem itself. The passion and stereotype throughout the city is glaringly evident; but also as apparent is the enjoyment and happiness had by its citizens."





Lexi certainly is a talent in our young Jewish community and UJA's CoCo loves showcasing the talent of fellow photo artists in our network to share with our blog followers.  Enjoy the rest of 'eye-lek-see' Jerusalem Gallery!














 

"I am proud to share my perspective with you all and I hope you enjoy the series. Additional galleries can be found on my website and for purchase inquiries at www.ilexi.ca " -Lexi Mitz

No comments:

Post a Comment