Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My ode to Jdate screen names


Add caption
 Written by: Shira Webber

It has been said that your name can say alot about you. Imagine a name that you don't even get to choose or have any say in the matter when your parents make their final decision as to what they are going to call you for the rest of your life, can ultimately impact your personality...well thank goodness for screen names and our new found ability to create our own alias online is all I have to say.

Choosing your screen name has given us the power to call ourselves whatever we want. There is a lot of thought that goes into this name as this is your chance to choose a name that you feel best fits your personality and more importantly if you are creating your screen name for a dating site it'a got to be a name that  is going to attract the attention of the opposite sex.

Jdate has proven this to me, and I can honestly say that it is here that I have seen some of the most hysterical Jewish screen names.

This Blog is my ode to Jewish Screen name, this is my top 5 in descending order;

5. Long John Silver'stein'
4. Matzaballer
3. IgotwhatJEWwant
2. Bubbysboy
1. YOURNONGOYTOY (your non goy toy)

In sum theses names are not cool, they are funny yes, but possibly not drawing the kind of attention that one may be looking for on a dating sight. Here is my  thought for the Jdating males who think theses names are the bee's knees...I think it's time to go back to the drawing board and to try for a name with a little less pun, and maybe a little more fun...I may have just gone too far with that last comment, but I think you know what I mean... 

No comments:

Post a Comment